Here’s a collection of our favourite classroom activities, You’ll love these tried and tested teaching resources and the matching teacher worksheets, so be sure not to miss our or waste time ‘re-inventing the wheel’. Grab yourself some quick, no fuss Teacher worksheets and Printables. There are lots of worksheets and many of them are FREE! These are great for teachers, parents, tutors, and homeschool families. Subjects include math, reading, writing, science, social studies, spelling and more…
Think board templates and graphic organisers are great teacher worksheets that will help your students build deeper levels of understanding in a wide range of concepts.
Maths Think boards
- Problem Solving Think board Template – FREE blank Problem Solving Template uses Newman’s Prompts to help Students Solve maths word problems
- S.O.L.V.E. it! R.i.D.E & F.i.S.H. Problem Solving Think Board Pack – See your students get results using these strategies to solve maths problems.
- Teacher Think board – Newman’s Error Analysis – Use Dr. Anne Newman’s prompts to help identify where your students understanding is breaking down.
- Maths Think Board – This FREE think board template is great for whole numbers, decimals and fractions. It contains a number line section so your students can write the numbers, before or after the number being investigated.
- Get Your Place Value Folder – This dice game & Place Value Folder is so simple to make and will help your students consolidate their Place Value understanding. Use dice to generate the numbers & create questions based around your Year Level curriculum. In the template there are 6 separate activities for your students.
Repeated Addition, Arrays, Skip Counting & Multiplication
Teaching repeated addition is a way to improve multiplication fluency for students who can’t learn their multiplication facts. Teaching repeated addition will help students to build their understandings about multiplication using what they already know about addition. It is a simple strategy that you can implement into your maths routines, but one that will produce results quickly! take a look at these classroom ideas that you can use today for teaching numeracy Download your free printable & worksheets here:
- Brick Maths Do your students like Lego bricks? they the’ll love building their repeated addition number sentences with bricks! Again the reusable pockets may be useful for this one.
- Add & Add & Add free printable – This is an editable PDF document so you can type the problems straight into the printable (You will need Adobe Reader DC to make this work, it is FREE – If you can’t make it work PLEASE check you are using Adobe Reader DC and not your Browser) You will need Dab & Dot Bingo Dabbers for this one.
- Math Student Math Student What Can You See…? Download Your Free Printable – You may also need Reusable Pockets to save on laminating and Googly eyes
- Repeated Addition Activities For Kids – Brainpop website
- Muffin tin Addition – Simple & great way for students to visualise the repeated addition in the array format. We used beautiful gems instead of counters and flashcards
- Play dough Arrays – Simple idea for your math rotation using play dough and a mini whiteboards
- Repeated Addition Lesson Plan. Here is a Lesson Plan with all these ideas together for your next maths lesson. We used out Lesson Planner Range to add our lesson Ideas – See them Here
Number Recognition Dab & Dot Activities
- Fact Fluency Dab & Dot Activities
- Roll and Dot the Number is a quick math rotation game that will help your students learn how to subitise ‘see how many without counting‘ and match ‘how many’ to the right number.
Thematic Printables– Free Resources & Classroom Ideas for themes & special celebration days including Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day & St. Patrick’s Day
- Mother”s Day Gift Fingerprint Flower Cup & Saucer- simple finger painting activity to create a beautiful cup an saucer gift for Mum!
- Mother’s Day Card – Cute Teapot template to create a ‘You’re Tea-Riffic!’ Mother’s Day card, could also be used for Father’s Day!
St. Patrick’s Day – 17 Fun Activities including craft, picture books, and Literacy Activities for this 17th March Special Celebration Day!
- St. Patrick’s Day – Word Search – Help your students build their word knowledge and St. Patrick’s Day vocabulary with this fun Word Search!
- St. Patrick’s Day – Writing Prompt – Fun writing prompt for students… If I found A Pot Of Gold!
- St. Patrick’d Day – Wanted Poster- Character Traits writing activity to describe a mischievous Leprechaun
- Valentine’s Day – Use these 10 Valentine’s Day Picture Books in your classroom to teach students about caring for each other.
- 5 Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas