These amazing activities for Teaching Number Recognition are designed for kindergarten or preschool kids. Tried & Tested Ideas for Teaching Numeracy that work!
Activities For Teaching Number Recognition
Here is a collection of hands-on activities to help your students recognise and learn numbers 0-20 and, make math FUN!
We have created and tested over 20 activities, printables and worksheets to help your kids learn all there is to know about number recognition.
Our number recognition activities are guaranteed to help your kids recognise numbers as numerals, digits, words and quantities and make teaching numeracy EASY!
*this post contains affiliate links. APTR may receive a small commission for referring your purchases, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting us!
Click pink links to get the best tips, tricks and printables for teaching number recognition on our blog! You might also like read more about How to teach number recognition on our other post.
Don’t Forget To Bookmark this page and check back often, we add new thing regularly!
Games For Teaching Number Recognition
- Subitizing Snowman math game
- Snowman Clip Card Printable Number Games – Subitizing, Counting & Number Names 0-20
- Halloween printable number games – Number tracing, Digits, Counting, Ten Frames, Matching Numbers To Quantity
- Teaching Number Recognition Activities 0-10 – Counting on Fingers, Tallies, Tens Frame Digits & Number words
- Number Colouring Math Game For Kids – Robot Colouring Game
- Number Think Board -Perfect For Sorting Numbers Using The Concept Attainment strategy
- I Spy Numbers Detective – Number Recognition Free Game
- Number Recognition Games – Number Mazes 0-20
Roll and Dot The Number Printables For Teaching Number Recognition
- Do-A-Dot Number Printables – 0-20 number templates
- Fact Fluency Dice Activities – Do a Dot markers
- Roll Dot Numbers Math Activity FREE
- Fact Fluency Dice Activities – Do A Dot Markers
- Blank Dot Sheet – Subitizing practice
- Number Recognition Printables -Do A Dot Activities
Egg Carton Math For Teaching Number Recognition
- Egg Carton Addition Teaching Ideas
- Subitising Egg Carton Activities & Number Recognition
- Egg Carton Ten Frame Activities
Fine Motor Activities For Teaching Number Recognition
- Clever Strategies for Teaching Number Recognition Using Beads & Pipe Cleaners You Must Try! – Great fine motor activity
- Coloured Rice Sensory Bin – Separating numbers & letters – Concept Attainment Think Board
- Hole Punch Fine Motor Activities
- Fine Motor Rainbow Math Game
- Numbers 0-10 Hole Punch Activities– Counting on Fingers, Tallies, Tens Frames, Digits, words & Dots
Teaching Number Recognition Printables For Playdough
- Snowman Playdough Mats
- Playdough Mats
- Muffin Tin Maths
- FREE 0-20 Printables Numbers – 75 Templates for Numbers 0-20 ideal for playdough, Craft and do-a-dot tracing
- Playdough Mats – Numbers 0-20
Halloween Themed Teaching Number Recognition Activities
- Halloween Spider printable number games – Try our craft spider web, spider bingo, spider clip cards and spider number game for some fun, cute number recognition learning this halloween!
- Trick or Treat Your Kids Into Learning with these Spooky Halloween Number Recognition Tracing Mats – Pumpkins 0-20
- Apple Themed Addition From Sea of Knowledge – Using ‘Ten Red Apples’ by Pat Hutchins To Teach Addition
Snowman Themed Classroom Activities
- Snowman Printable Number Games – colour matching, subitizing, counting, ten frames and more activities for number recognition
More Activities To Teach Number Names
- Must Try EASY Hands-On, No prep activities for Number Recognition
- More Fun Printable Number Games for teaching kindergarten kids numbers 0-20
- 125+ Number, Numerals & Quantity Ideas on our Pinterest Boards
A Plus Teaching Resources’ Products For Teaching Number Recognition
Don’t Miss Out!!! Sign up to our Blog To get the next Resources idea & Free Printable Delivered To Your Email !!!
Teaching number sense is kind of a big deal during the early years. Our Blogging buddies over at Sea of Knowledge also has a list of some incredible hands-on math number sense activities which you have to see!