The Guide To Teaching Multiplication is a handy list of strategies, teaching tips, ideas and activities about multiplication. Use this list to help you find all our Multiplication content in one location and make learning & teaching multiplication a bit easier for you and your kids!
How To Teach Multiplication
Like any math concept the best way to teach multiplication is through hands on investigation and exploration! Here’s a list of ideas, Tips and Activities on our website to get you started and make teaching numeracy easier! Make sure you bookmark this page and come back as we add new Multiplication printables regularly!
- No Tears Times Tables Using Multiplication Thinkboards -This free multiplication Thinkboard Printable will help your students transform additive thinking into multiplicative understanding. They will get the opportunity to apply what they already know about addition and develop it into multiplication.
- Do you use Children’s Picture Books in your Classroom? Then you’ll love out mega list of Multiplication World Books. It’s an excellent list of children’s picture books that are the perfect stress free teaching strategy for helping kids learn about multiplying. Grab these must have picture books for your classroom library today!
- Top Tips For Teaching Multiplication -In this post you’ll find Resources & Tips for getting started with teaching multiplication using repeated addition, arrays and groups. These simple multiplication strategies will build understanding of multiplication which will help kids recognise, represent and use multiplication successfully.
Multiplication strategies for struggling students
- 7 Easy & Stress Free Teaching Multiplication Strategies For Kids – If your kids are struggling with learning multiplication and starting to become anxious or overwhelmed try these arrays, groups of and repeated addition as the perfect introduction to multiplication.
- Multiplication As Repeated Addition Lesson Plan – Free Lesson Plan with printables for introducing multiplication to kids. (Repeated addition, Arrays & groups of)
- How to teach Struggling Students Using Printable Multiplication Tables – Did you know there’s only 27 times tables facts that your kids really struggle with? Find out what they are and how to fix it!
Here’s our awesome list of multiplication activities, perfect for classroom or home schoolers. Click each link to check them out… there’s lots of FREEBIES too!
- Multiplication arrays Jigsaws – Help your students build fluency and recall with our multiplication Array Jigsaws. They are a fun interactive teaching idea for multiplying with arrays and learning about the commutative property.
- Keep the kids engaged while building fluency and recall with these fantastic printable multiplication Games. Your kids will love the spinners to help them with multiplication facts, related division facts & commutative property. There’s a full set for 1x-12x times tables facts.
- 7 Easy Stress Free Teaching Multiplication Strategies For Kids – Are your kids struggling with learning multiplication and starting to become anxious or overwhelmed? Then you need to try these teaching multiplication strategies with your kids 7 hands-on activities for arrays, groups of, repeated addition and more.
- Best Times Tables Printable Number Games -Our hands-on times tables printable number games will help beat memorisation boredom and make Learning Multiplication Strategies Easy & Enjoyable for your kids!
- Christmas Times Tables Multiplication Printables – Fun Christmas Activity for building fluency.