Your kids will love learning on Special Days and Holidays with our Thematic Crafts For Kids. Check out these Crafts, Classroom Recipes, Worksheets & Free Printables To Make Learning FUN!
Don’t fight against the Holiday hype, use them to motivate your kids to keep on learning with thematic crafts! So ditch the regular plans, activities and worksheets and have fun with these theme based classroom ideas for celebrations, holidays and special days of the year.
Here is a collection of a range of thematic craft activities for kids and resources to help you teach special celebration days and events in your classroom. Make sure you bookmark this page, we add new things regularly!
Valentine’s Day Activities For Kids To Make
Valentines Day Activities For kids to Make – Try these fun Valentines Day crafts and classroom activities with your kids this year. They’re sure to LOVE these printables, crafts and ideas. From science experiments, valentines cards to homemade gifts, there’s something for every classroom
Valentine Day Books for Kids
14 February – Saint Valentine’s Day – Valentines Books For kids – You may think that Valentine’s Day is just a fad holiday, but in fact as well as being a seasonal celebration it is also a religious holiday celebrated on February 14th. It’s a great opportunity to show someone that you care about them making them something made with LOVE. But if crafting, creating and all things hearts and love isn’t your thing you can also read about different holidays and celebrations in books.
Dr Seuss Day – Read Across America Day
Dr Seuss Kabobs Dr. Seuss Day is March 2nd, which is Theodor Seuss Geisel’s actual Birthday. It’s also Read Across America Day, so celebrate with these healthy party kabobs while you read your favorite Dr. Seuss books!
St. Patrick’s Day Thematic Crafts, Activities & Books
17 March – Saint Patrick’s Day Here are 10 Saint Patrick’s Day Facts and 17 fun classroom thematic crafts for Saint Patrick’s Day Classroom Activities for kids to help you celebrate!
St. Patrick’s Day Printables
St. Patrick’s Day Activities For Kids – Grab these 10 Saint Patrick’s Day Facts and 17 fun classroom thematic crafts to help you celebrate! Don’t miss the FREE St Patrick’s Day Activities for kids Printables pack we created especially for you! There’s a Word Search, a Writing Prompt & a Leprechaun Wanted Poster Template
Children’s Books For St. Patrick’s Day
Easter Thematic Printables
Do-A-Dot Easter Printables – Numbers 0-10 & 11-20 & Decades to 100
Mother’s Day Present
Fingerprint Flower Cup with Saucer -Mums everywhere will treasure this simple to make fingerprint flower cup with saucer gift and this matching cute teapot shaped Mother’s Day card.
Mother’s Day Card
Mother’s Day Teapot Card -Tell Mum how much you love her with this easy printable Mothers Day Teapot Card. This simple, fun teapot Mothers day card craft idea is not just for Mother’s Day it can also be used for Father’s Day or Teacher Appreciation Day too! Tell someone they are ‘tea-riffic’ and let them enjoy a nice relaxing cup of tea. Scroll to download the FREE teapot card template now
Halloween Thematic Crafts, Activities, Recipes & Books
Don’t fight against the Halloween hype! ‘Trick or Treat’ your kids with these Halloween classroom activities and thematic crafts for kids this October 31st!
- Halloween Picture Books – 31 Not so Scary Halloween picture books perfect for your little goblins!
- Easy Band Aid Biscuits Halloween Recipe – Truly gross but so simple to make, out band aid biscuits are the perfect halloween classroom activity for sequencing and simple procedure writing. Click the image to see the recipe
- Easy Halloween Recipes for Marshmallow Eyeballs
- Try our Halloween Spider Printable Number Games For Teaching Number Recognition. Click each image if you want motivating and fun resources for teaching Math
- Halloween printable Number Games -Yep I’m all for using any TRICK in the book to get my kids to love learning! So if that means using thematic crafts for kids I am ABSOLUTELY ‘doing’ Halloween with my class this year! And you should give it a go too
Christmas Thematic Crafts, Activities, Recipes & Books
- Gingerbread House Activities For Kids -If you need cute, EASY Gingerbread House Activities for kids give our mini cookie houses a go! They are just the perfect low mess, NO BAKE alternative to traditional ‘gingerbread’ houses and so much fun to make!
- 5 FREE Snowman Printable Number Games – Excellent hands-on math games, clip cards and playdough mats for number recognition, subitizing, counting and colour matching.
- This painted rock snowman is quick, easy and so much fun to make. Use them in your classroom math centers or for a simple gift idea. Try it with your Kids for a Jolly Holly-day this December!
- Clothespin Snowman Craft – Some Holiday Magic with this Clothespin Snowman Craft idea. Use Them For Fine Motor Practice Or Clip Card Activities. Simple and Jolly Good Fun for kids to make.
- Snowman Clip Card Printable Number Games -Snowman Clip Card Printable Number Games are just perfect for adding some Holiday Magic to Teaching Number Recognition. Fun Subitizing & Counting Games For Kindergarten & Preschooler.
- Colour matching snowman game – perfect FREE Printable for learning colors
- Snowman Playdough Mats – Number recognition for 0-10- names, digits & quantity
- Snowman Ten Frames Printable – Free Ten Frames activities for number 0-10
- 24 Christmas Picture Books For Kids – Great for Making a Christmas Advent Calendar
- Free Christmas Picture Books List– Handy PDF for you to keep with a wonderful list of Christmas Picture Books
Thematic Products From A Plus Teaching Resources