Download this FREE place value folder template to help your students practise their Place Value skills. This simple Place Value Folder activity is a great addition to your Guided Math lessons as a self paced, differentiated math rotation. Students will practice connecting number names, numerals and place value as well as expanded notation in a fun motivating dice game. Add this great idea to your collection of teacher worksheets!
Free Place Value Activities
Place Value Folder Video
Place Value Folder Instructions
This dice game & Place Value Folder is so simple to make and will help your students consolidate their Place Value understanding. Use dice to generate the numbers & create questions based around your Year Level curriculum.
In the template there are 6 separate activities for your students including:
- Write the number in digits
- Write the number in words
- Expand the number in a standard form e.g. 100 + 20 + 7 = 127
- Write the number in a non-standard form e.g. 127 = 20 + 100 + 2
- Use MAB – Make the number using MAB and or Popstick bundles. It is important that students make bundles of ten first before using a MAB ‘long’ which the can see is one thing but are told is ten…
- Real Life – think of an example of where the number may be reasonable in real life – I ate 127 cookies would not be realistic… I travelled 127 KM in the car would be more realistic.
Click Images For Place Value Activities
The A Plus Teacher has been a Primary School Numeracy Curriculum Leader and Coach for 16 years and now advisors A Plus Teaching Resources about Teaching Numeracy
The A+ Team is Passionate About helping educators to save time so that they can concentrate on the most important job in the world… Teaching! The Team Creates Time Saving, Tried & Tested, Hands-on, Teaching Resources, Ideas, Organisers, Checklists, Printables, Posters, & Games!