Play The Video To See How to Make this EASY Place Value Folder
Check out this simple to make Place Value Folder. Use dice to generate the numbers & create questions based around your Year Level curriculum. In the template there are 6 separate activities for your students including:
- Write the number in digits
- Write the number in words
- Expand the number in a standard form e.g. 100 + 20 + 7 = 127
- Write the number in a non-standard form e.g. 127 = 20 + 100 + 2
- Use MAB – Make the number using MAB and or Popstick bundles. It is important that students make bundles of ten first before using a MAB ‘long’ which the can see is one thing but are told is ten…
- Real Life – think of an example of where the number may be reasonable in real life – I ate 127 cookies would not be realistic… I travelled 127 KM in the car would be more realistic.