These fruit and marshmallow Dr. Seuss Kabobs are healthy and so easy to make. Perfect Cat in the Hat inspired healthy treats to celebrate Dr. Seuss’s Birthday this March 2nd. Your kids will love them!
These Cat in the Hat inspired kabobs turned out much better than I imagined. I was worried about the faces because I have never been able to find anything to make a fine line before. I have used get colourings in the past and it blobbed everywhere. YUK!
But after some searching I found a wonderful edible marker which made things so much easier and my kabobs much prettier!
Dr Seuss Day
Dr. Seuss Day is March 2nd, which is Theodor Seuss Geisel’s actual Birthday. It’s also Read Across America Day, so celebrate with these healthy party kabobs while you read your favorite Dr. Seuss books.
Try some Green eggs and ham, comfy pajamas, Cat in the Hat hats, and other Dr Seuss for the classroom activities to help you celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday he’d be over 100 years old if he were still alive today!
The whole point of the day is to get kids to enjoy reading and hopefully get them to read every day!
Dr. Seuss Kabob Supplies
- Fruit Kabob Sized Skewers
- Edible Marker For Food
- Bananas – 2 slices per skewer
- Strawberries – 3 pieces per skewer
- White Marshmallows – 1 per skewer
Dr Seuss Cat in The Hat Kabob Recipe Instructions
- Prepare the banana by removing the skin and cutting it into into slices. You will need 2 slices per skewer.
- Wash the strawberries. To make the top of the ‘cat’s hat’ cut off the tip of the strawberry and set aside. This cone shape will become the top of the hat. Then slice the rest of the strawberry. You will need 2 slices and 1 cone per skewer.
4. Next, grab a Bamboo Skewer to begin layering the food. Order the items backwards onto the skewer: marshmallow, strawberry slice, banana, strawberry slice, banana and top with the strawberry tip that looks like a hat top.
5. Your Kids Will Love these Cat in the Hat Dr. Seuss Kabobs!
Check out these Dr. Seuss Classroom Ideas on Pinterest!