You may think that Valentines Day is just a fad holiday, but in fact as well as being a seasonal celebration it is also a religious holiday celebrated on February 14th. St. Valentine’s Day is a celebration of romance and love and a great opportunity to share the love with your family, friends or someone special!
It’s a great opportunity to show someone that you care about them making them something made with LOVE. But if crafting, creating and all things hearts and love isn’t your thing you can also read about different holidays and celebrations in books. These Valentine books for kids are perfect for sharing!
Valentine Day Books for Kids
- Pete the Cat: Valentines Day is Cool – Pete thinks Valentine’s Day isn’t cool…until he realises all the special cats there are in his life.
- There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Rose – The Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly returns. She’s now swallowing items to make a very special gift for her Valentine!
- Roses are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink! – A Valentines Day favourite read-aloud promoting discussion about kindness and forgiveness as well as lots of giggles!
- llama Llama I love you – Little llama shows his friends and family how much he loves them with lots of hugs and heart-shaped cards… so cute!
- Love Form The Very Hungry Caterpillar – You are… the cherry on my cake…the apple of my eye…You make…the sun shine brighter…my heart flutter…Join our old favourite Very Hungry Caterpillar in a celebration of LOVE and all the ways you can tell those special to you that you care!
- Happy Valentines Day, Mouse! – Join Mouse from if you give a mouse a cookie to celebrate what he loves about his friends.
- Peppa Pig: Peppa’s Valentine’s Day – Learn about the meaning of Valentine’s Day with Peppa Pig
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Curious George – George and his friends celebrate Valentine’s Day with decorating, baking and card making
- Todd Parr: The I Love You Book – I love you when you give me kisses, I love you when you need hugs. Most of all I love you just the way you are!
- Click Clack Moo I Love You! – Celebrate Valentine’s Day on the Farm with Little Duck
Valentine’s Day Cards For Kids
What better way to show someone how much you love them than with something made from the heart!
- This simple to make Stained Glass Window Card is from Creative family fun
- A Polka Dot card is from A Thrifty Mom – simple idea that could also be used for Mother’s Day
- Paint Chip Heart Bookmarks found on Trinas Day Blogspot
Our Favourite Valentine’s Day Books For Kids